If you are a man having a sexually active life with your partner, then surely the idea of losing your ability to give a satisfactory intercourse to your partner is sure to send you into a tizzy. But unsatisfactory sexual life remains the problem for millions of individuals and that erectile dysfunction is the culprit in most of the cases.
Erectile dysfunction (ED), commonly known as impotence, is the inability to achieve or sustain an erection for satisfactory sexual activity. Erectile dysfunction is different from other conditions that interfere with sexual intercourse, such as lack of sexual desire and problems with ejaculation and orgasm.
Erectile dysfunction differs in men like some have a total inability to achieve an erection, some have an inconsistent ability to achieve an erection, and still others can sustain only brief erections. Erectile dysfunction can occur at any age, but it usually occurs at the age of 40 and above. By age 45, many men have experienced erectile dysfunction at least some of the time.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
1. Aging is major factor because with the advent of age a man is affected by many other diseases like heart attacks, strokes, and diabetes and blood pressure problems. Loosening of muscles and tissues as age grows is also a reason for ED.
2. Cigarette smoking highly increases the risk for causing erectile dysfunction.
3. Nerve or spinal cord damage in the pelvis region may also lead to erectile dysfunction. Drugs like marijuana, heroin, and alcohol contribute to erectile dysfunction.
4. Alcoholism leads to a decrease in the testosterone levels of the body.
5. Many common medicines produce erectile dysfunction as a side effect. Like antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, and appetite suppressants.
6. Psychological factors may be responsible for erectile dysfunction. These factors include stress, anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem, and fear of sexual failure.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Modern science has given us many options to improve this impotency and enjoy the pleasures of love. Erectile Dysfunction Treatment are common and may vary for different men. Like selecting proper prescribed medications, quitting smoking & drinking, stop intake of drugs, injections vacuum constrictive devices, psychotherapy and most of all the trying the wonder drugs - Generic Viagra, Generic Cialis and Generic Levitra. These drugs have been approved by the FDA and are safe for medication.
Bottom Line ED is just a common disorder which many of us ignore and do not pay much attention. But friends, it directly affects your relations and also your health. Therefore gather the guts to speak and set right all things affecting you!